Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where To Get Help, When You Are Alone?

     The boys had already left to catch the bus for school that morning. I had exchanged hugs and kiss with my wife, Kate and had given her the proverbial pasted on smile to let her know that everything was good. Was it? Nothing could be further from the truth.
      It upset me that she had to go off to work, while we waited ten months for my income to start, as we burned through any savings or other money. I had always worked some type of job. How was this happening to me? I was supposed to be Regional Commissioner by now, not sitting waiting for the same organization while they delayed my income.
         I had been up all night as everything I ate in the previous 24 hours, did not want to stay in my stomach. I lay in bed tired. Not sleepy. I was tired of being sick, tired of being in the house all day, tired of fighting disease and sickness. I was too tired to go to sleep. Lying frustrated, I began to have “one of those” conversations with God. “Why this?” and “Why that?” You know the kind of conversation that is one-sided because God never seems to answer our stupidity.
      I finally mustarded up the strength to walk downstairs and I grabbed my Bible. I had watched all the TV that I ever wanted to watch in my life. And No, I wasn’t interested in hearing another preacher ask me to buy his book and give me his greatest revelation. I wanted to get into the Book for myself.
      Tears began to roll down my face as I read the book of Job. And then it hit me. God was not allowing me to face this situation because He hated me or was mad at me the devil was permitted access to my life, because God was proud of me and actually trusted me. I knew from that day forward that this sickness was not unto death, but that somebody somewhere would hear my story, just as I read Job’s story and be encouraged. Thirty-eight years with a chronic illness, blindness and kidney failure all erased and I am here Still Standing.

Photo Source:© Pakhnyushchyy | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime Stock Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment